Friday, April 16, 2010

Fabric Free-For-All and other prattle

I posted this yesterday to the (Etsy) Wisconsin Street Team mailing list, but figured I'd give it a mention here too:

I'm in the process of moving and greatly downsizing. As a result of this, I've come to a conclusion…I really do not need the vast majority of fabric that I've collected. I have several large boxes of fabric…a lot of it kitschy vintage (50s through 80s) and/or salvaged (brocade drapes…ugly dresses made from awesome fabric…etc). I also have a lot of things that I bought with the intention of making garb and other costuming (linen for faire, faux fur for cosplay, etc). This often did not come to pass.

(Seriously…I' m a lazy and mediocre seamstress. I'd rather have folks with that talent do it for me and I'll stick to jewelry. So why do I have all of this fabric?!?!)

My point is, I'd love the fabric to go to folks who are going to appreciate it and use it. Rather than do through the trouble of putting this up as destash on Etsy, I figured that I'd offer it up to fellow WISTies. So, here's the deal:

**Fabric Free-For-All* *

-Monday, April 19th at 6:30 p.m. at my place in Kenosha (Please RSVP for specific address)

-Bring your own bag/box/carrying vessel

-Be nice and don't just snag all that you can. If you're not seriously going to use it, please pass it over to someone who will.

-Much of the fabric has been in storage for a while (and in the case of some of my estate sale finds...a LONG while) so it could use a good laundering. I'm going to be incredibly busy this weekend with the move and might not get to that.

I also have some medium finish oak (was a futon frame) that I wonder if anyone might be interested in. It's too nice for firewood and none of the people who called dibs on this on Freecycle bothered to even return my messages.

Oh…and I have an older (20+ year old) electric kiln that I inherited a few years ago. I never got around to getting it re-wired (there's some considerable wear at the junction of the cord and unit), but the sticker from the Chicago company that last serviced it is still attached. If anyone is interested in it, feel free to join us on Monday and take a look at it. My plan was to photograph it to go on Craigslist next week, but if you're willing to make a reasonable offer on it and take it away, it's yours!

1 comment:

  1. Oh thats soooo evil, lol. Iowa is really to far to drive for cool fabrics, right? Yes, yes I'm sure it is, plus I'm trying to destash myself. Now to keep telling myself that til Tuesday and its to late.............

    ReplyDelete