Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Slay-A-Thon, June 15th in Chicago

I haven't posted anything in 3 months due to an excessive case of the busy, but here's my first post in a series of catching up...

 My friend Dave asked me if I'd be willing to make something sorta-Joss-Whedon-verse-esque for the Slay-A-Thon 2013 benefit for The Make A Wish  Foundation of Illinois, which is this Saturday, June 15th in Chicago. My favorite character in the 'verse is likely Wash, with Kaylee coming a close second, so this is a inspired by both of them.

The focal is a cast base metal leaf that I had painted with copper paint and treated to create a verdigris patina. I also rusted and sealed the clasp and bezel before adding the quote on tea dyed paper under resin. The beads are a mix of banded quartz and carved howlite, with a smoky salvaged vintage chandelier crystal.




Incidentally, the display board is just cheapy scrapbook paper ($.29 on sale at Hobby Lobby) glued on pressboard ($.50 scrap) with an easel salvaged from a dollar store frame (the glass of which is going in one project and the frame in another).


No comments:

Post a Comment